From 17th to 19th February 2012 a festival for competitive and non-competitive choirs will be held in the 1000 years old city of Gdansk (Poland), the International Gdansk Choir Festival.
Besides singing, concerts and social meetings choirs would have a chance to explore city of Gdansk and it’s 1000 years history. Located at the Baltic Sea plays important role in the Europe’s culture and history only to mention that Solidarity movement started here and brought the freedom to central and eastern Europe. Singers from all over the world are invited to share their music with themselves and audiences at Concert Hall of Gdansk University of Music as well as additional concerts in Gdansk and region.
The festival is open for all amateur choirs, categories are:
- A. Mixed Choirs Adults – singers above 18 years – minimum 20 singers
- B. Equal Voices Choirs Adults (Male and Female)- singers above 18 years minimum 20 singers
- C. Youth Choirs and Children Choirs- singers under 18 years – minimum 20 singers
- D. Chamber Choirs (no age limits) – 12-24 singers
- X. Non competitive category – take part in gala concert and 1-2 additional concerts
The performances will be judged by 5 international jury members, prizes in each category are a GOLD MEDAL SILVER MEDAL and BRONZE MEDAL.
Choirs will be asked to sing at concerts which accompany the festival. These concerts with a 20-30 minutes sacred program would be mostly in Churches on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Registration fee is 100 € for each category, application deadline is 30.10.2010.
Further information: www.gdanskfestival.pl