The 3rd International Krakow Choir Festival CRACOVIA CANTANS will be held from 31st June to 3rd June 2012 in Krakow. It is the biggest choir festival in Poland. The organizing commitee is member of the International Federation for Choral Music IFCM and invites choirs to participate in this festival and competition, but also to sing at concerts which accompany the festival.
Festival will take place at different venues including Nowa Huta Music School, Krakow Philharmonic, Peter and Paul Church, St Catherine Church, Mariacki Church, Tempel Synagogue and many others best places in Krakow. Acceptetd are 7 categories of choirs:
- Mixed Choirs Adults – singers above 18 years – minimum 20 singers
- Equal Voices Choirs Adults (Male or Female)- singers above 18 years min. 20 singers
- Youth Choirs – singers 12-26 years – minimum 20 singers
- Children Choirs – singers under 16 years – minimum 20 singers
- Chamber Choirs (no age limits) – 12-24 singers
- Popular, Folk, Gospel and Barbershop Music (no age limits) – min. 20 singers
- Sacred Music (no age limits) – minimum 20 singers
- Non Competitive Choirs- only concerts and Gala – minimum 20 singers
In each category there are the following prizes:
1. Place: Statute of “Golden Polyhymnia” (Muse of Choral Art) and 500 Euro
2. and 3. Place diplomas
Deadline will be the 15th November 2011.